Yankee, Yorkie Jay Jay and Me

Yankee, Yorkie Jay Jay and Me

Monday, March 26, 2012

Summer No Cook Roll Ups

Shred 3-4 whole carrots
Julienne 1/2 an onion
Sliced avocado
In a bowl add 3Tbs of Balsamic Vinegar to carrots and onion
4 Slices of Ham per person (turkey or chicken work too)
Lettuce, I like butter lettuce but spinach and romaine work just as well

Assembly Time
Lay out 1 slice of ham, add lettuce then add carrot onion mixture top with avocado slice and roll it up. Keep doing this until you have made 4 rolls per person.

As is this recipe makes 8 rolls enough for Yankee and I. If you can't give up a carb just put it on a wheat tortilla.

I love the light, fresh taste and the amount of veggies. You could easily add cucumber slices to this and any other raw veggies you like. I think I might try a peanut sauce on it next time instead of the balsamic to change it up. This is also a great appetizer for a party. Just be sure to keep it on ice to keep the meat from getting warm. You can even reverse the ham and lettuce and use the lettuce as the base. Possibilities are endless.

1 comment:

  1. Of course Yankee ate them all before I could get a picture! Next time I'll make it while he's at work.

    ReplyDelete