Yankee, Yorkie Jay Jay and Me

Yankee, Yorkie Jay Jay and Me

Friday, October 11, 2013

The Big "D"

I am a horrible blogger...maybe this year, I will actually commit to blogging and be successful at keeping that commitment. The Big "D" as I refer to it, is Yankee's upcoming deployment to a not so great location that we are suppose to be bringing soldiers home from (end rant). We have briefings to attend and papers to sign, along with pages of packing lists and reminder lists. That is the Army side of it, the business of being deployed. My side of it, is the emotional side, the hard talks, the hard questions and even the harder answers. Of course Big "D" gets me thinking, mostly it is the elephant in the room, the lump in my throat at the words of a song, other times it pours down and covers me in doubt and fear. Those times are the hardest, I can usually push it away or keep it at bay but occasionally it gets me and won't let go. We have a rule, that we can talk about it whenever we have the need, that helps. No pressure to get it all out but let it come when it does. I expect as the holidays near that it will come more often and I am ready. Yankee joined the military in a time of war, we knew it was when not if. We are so grateful to have had 4.5 years without a deployment, time to adjust, time to reflect and time to grow. We have made a Predeployment Bucket List, of five fun things from each of to do before "D" day. Today, we did one of my picks, touring The Hermitage, Home of President Andrew Jackson. It was an enjoyable afternoon, just to two of us, making a memory together.

No comments:

Post a Comment